Wednesday, February 9, 2011

HeeHee takes Manhattan day 2!
















Good evening my fellow bloggers!
To continue from yesterday.....So Mickey lives in a beautiful apartment at the top of Manhattan right by The Cloisters museum which is a bunch of monasteries brought over from Europe. It is beautiful because it sits on a hill that overlooks the Hudson river and it was covered in snow. Even though I have never been to Europe (fingers crossed that I get to one day) walking in made me feel like I was in the 15Th century. I mean I have been to the Renaissance festival but it is nothing compared to this beautiful place. I felt a sense of peace and it is the only place that I saw Mickey slow down and take everything in. Anyways there were archways that were over 1,000 years old I don't believe I have ever seen something man made that old. There were tapestries and stained glass and it was just amazing. We got our geek on in a major way. Well after that we went to go see Aarons salon. So here we go on the subway from the top of manhattan all the way to the bottom and we pop out from underground cause at this point we are groundhogs and "I just happen to look behind me and there is this tall beutiful building so I yell at Mickey to stop and she does and I'm like hey what building is that and she goes that's the Empire State Building"I pay my rent there" and just keeps walking and my jaw dropped and I yelled at her again cause I wanted to be a total tourist and take a picture and she says Sorry Heehee I'm a horrible tour guide. Well at least you admit it. So I geeked out then too. Aarons salon is amazing and beautiful in every way. So the plans for that night were to lotto a pair of tickets to see Rock of Ages. Well we take a cab and drive by Times square where my jaw dropped again because I never dreamed in a million years that I would see it in person and it definitely doesn't compare to TV and movies. It is just breath taking and I couldn't believe in the morning I felt like I had stepped back in time but by that night we were in the future. I know I am a dork/loser but it's cool I love myself. well we finally make it to Rock of Ages and put our names in the basket and sure enough we don't get picked the guy that has seen the show like a million times and is on a first name basis with the girl running it gets in. But it's all good we don't need no stinkin Broadway show for us to have a good time so we make our way to the bar to drink our sorrows away where we meet up with one of Mickeys friends. We bar hop and go to a bar that is Communist themed very dark and intimate and we have a blast well then we go one street over to the greatest bar ever WhiskeyTowne where they serve the best shot ever THE PICKLEBACK!!! It's a shot of Jameson whisky followed by pickle juice! Life changing I tell you Life friggin changing. Well we consume quite a number of these and get to talking to our bartender whose name is Peacock and turns out he is from NC too and knew one of my teachers at North. Small world. We had a great time and managed to stumble into a cab and make it home. Great night! Hope y'all enjoy and of course by now you should know what my next blog post will be about. Night Night my little blogheads!

No comments:

Post a Comment