Monday, February 7, 2011

So it's been a hot one!

Good evening my little Bloggers! Sorry it has been a hot one since
I have been on here! I know I am a failure! Well first of all let me wish all of y'all a belated Happy Thanksgiving!, Merry Christmas!, and a Happy New Year!!! 2011 has been pretty awesome so far! My husband got a job!!!! Yep in 3 years this is the first time when both of us had a job at the same time and I must say that this feeling of a bank account that doesn't hit 0 before the next paycheck is pretty awesome! Also I marked quite a few things off of my bucket list. I went to NYC!! My cousin moved there and I have to say that city truly doesn't sleep! I saw the Empire State building, Times Square, the Statue of Liberty and many other iconic sights that I have only seen on TV and in movies. I rode the Subway which I'm not gonna lie I was a little freaked out about. It was funny I started laughing to myself on the way to the subway train because I passed a subway restaurant on the way to the subway. Sorry I know I'm lame. And then Mickey laughed at me cause I told her this was the first train I had been on since Tweetsie railroad. I loved NYC I never really and truly felt scared but then again I was always with someone and we really didn't go to any sketchy parts of town. the city itself felt like a bigger Charlotte. I had a blast with my cousin and friends and I can't wait to go back. Oh back to my bucket list I was part of a flash mob. If you don't know what that is it is when a bunch of people meet up at a certain spot and perform something as a group together whether it be dancing or singing or what not. Well we had heard that it was the 10th annual Pantless on the Subway...Well even though I don't live there I rode the trains enough to determine that I did not want my hiney touching anything on the subway. Well it turns out that the final meeting place was Union Square well wouldn't you know Mickey and I just happened upon all these people bundled up in big poofy down jackets and hats and gloves and Big snow boots and underwear. It was amazing at least 500 people in nothing but underwear. So right then and there I dropped my pants but I cheated cause I had long johns on which technically is underwear but I say it counts! Here are some pictures that I took and tomorrow I promise to tell y'all more about HeeHee takes Manhattan!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment