Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Goop in my hair

Good day to ya! Yesterday was interesting. Got up and going around noon and heading to northlake to do a survey. So I walk into the office and I feel like I am heading into some sort of clinic. White walls no art, gray plain chairs and completely silent no white noise or music. Just the sound of doors opening and closing. So after filling out the paperwork I sit there and fiddle on my phone. Finally I am asked to come back. I dunno why I felt nervous but I did. A nice woman puts sensor pads on my temple above my eyebrow (which needs to be waxed desperatly) And then came the fun part the eeg cap! A tight fitting swim cap with holes in it. So the woman starts to squeeze huge amounts of leave in conditioner into these holes. And I am not going to lie it felt good and it made me realize how desperate I am to have a massage or to get my hair done. So after the holes are filled with conditioner she snaps the sensors into place. Then she places one last sensor on the tip of my nose to make sure I am still breathing during the test. I go down a hallway that has glass on each side and huge tvs in individual rooms. ( I was going to take a picture of myself before the test but I thought the lady would frown on that) So I sit in a comfy chair with a foot rest and a infared camera to record my facial expressions. (All I could think of was I bet Paris Hilton used something like this in her "videotape") I watch 3 ads that look like they came straight out a 70's national geographic then I had to press a button anytime I saw a blue frog pop up on screen. I was ticked with myself cause I messed up once. I could tell I was starting to zone out there at the end. Finally she said the test was complete and took my cap off and sensors. Only then as I ran my fingers through my hair did I realise the amount of conditoner. The woman assured me it would dry well 4 hours later in the hot heat of summer it still wasn't dry and my hair was starting to look like the gulf coast all oily (I took a shower and my parents.) So I take my check for $100 thats right $100 and run to the bank to cash then to the delicous cookout and then to the parents to hang out. All in all it was a good day. Lets see what today has in store!

1 comment:

  1. I swear I posted a comment...Is that Carlene's in NL? How did you sign up to do it?

    ReplyDelete